- PICTURE PROCESSOR X1 ULTIMATE: Sony’s best processor analyzes content to boost color, contrast and clarity, bringing astounding realism to your content.
- TRILUMINOS Display: See exactly what the creator intended with advanced color and gradation
- FULL ARRAY LED with local dimming: Experience brighter highlights and detailed dark scenes, plus incredible contrast with X-tended Dynamic Range PRO 6x.
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more responsive gaming experience
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get answers, and manage tasks, all hands-free.
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Stream smart camera feeds with your voice. Through an Alexa enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps, turn up the volume, and more.
- APPLE AIRPLAY 2 and HOMEKIT SUPPORT: Seamlessly integrate your iPhone and Siri devices with your Sony TV for effortless smart home management and content streaming.
- NETFLIX CALIBRATED MODE, DOLBY VISION, IMAX ENHANCED: Enjoy immersive and engaging cinematic content as the creator intended.
- ONE-SLATE DESIGN: Slim and flush design with thin bezel keeps you focused on the big picture.
- ACOUSTIC MULTI-AUDIO: Two sound positioning tweeters at the back of the TV that enable sound to follow the action for a truly immersive experience.
5.0 out of 5 stars A great TV assuming a forklift doesn’t hit it.Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2020Size: 65-InchStyle: TV onlyVerified PurchaseThis TV is a beautiful device, worthy of the cost. We purchased this as a replacement for our 2009 50 inch Panasonic plasma. It’s a fine successor to what was a fantastic tv for many years. Finally a tv that offers the quality of a plasma without the risk of burn in (like OLED). That is once the second one arrived two days later. The first one sent to us had clearly been run into by a forklift in the bottom left corner. Upon removal from the box the device was found shattered and completely ruined. Amazon was great about getting a replacement to use less then 48 hours later though, so that’s something.
The Sony x950h is a relatively simple upgrade over the 2019 g model, one of the two biggest differences being in its audio quality. Now if you have a great sound system already you might be able to save a few bucks and go with last years addition. From my research the two are nearly identical in overall image quality. In my case we decided on the h precisely because we don’t have room for a decent surround sound setup. In fact I’d say it’s audio quality is equal to a good sound bar and should be more then enough for most folks.
The picture quality is great with one small draw back (I say draw back but it’s more like a trade off). The viewing angle on this TV is fantastic, much better than the 2019 model. But to achieve this and it’s rather dark blacks, they had to cut down on the number of zones for the full array LED lighting. As a result you may notice a slight bloom effect around things like credits and subtitles, especially when viewing in a very dark room. You could simply turn this feature off, but you will greatly sacrifice the darkness of your blacks as a result. I only notice it very infrequently, so it’s not a deal breaker for me.
The built in smart tv software is fine for anyone without a dedicated media device. We are only using it for YouTube at this point, everything else is viewed on an Apple TV 4K. Can’t wait for Apple to make their device fully compatible with the YouTube app, but until then, the Android Tv will suffice. Setting options are easily accessible and paired well with a cheap feeling but very capable remote.
A great alternative for OLED (no thanks, don’t need burn in problems) at a very reasonable price. Giving it 5 stars over all and very satisfied.